Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indiana Williamsons
08-06-2009, 10:36 PM,
Indiana Williamsons
Not exactly sure how to list this family since they originated in Virginia which became Kentucky but a few moved into Indiana and back again, However here it goes.
Turner Williamson born 1777 in Virginia last noted in 1860 in Rough and Ready Kentucky.  His wife was Mary Buckley of  Virginia whom I have no other information except that her name on both of her son's death certificates.
There were 2 sons that I have located.
William M. Williamson born Kentucky 1805, died Westport Indiana 1891
married Lucy Hines  born 1812 in Virginia.
7 children...Unknown female, Samuel Dudley, Sara Elizabeth, James W., Thomas J., Martha J. and Lucy A.

Samuel Buckley Williamson born Kentucky 1807 died Westport Indiana 1896.  Lived most of his life in Rough & Ready KY which is now Alton KY.
He was married to Mary Furguson born abt. 1804 died in Indiana between 1870 and 1880.
They had 6 children...Thomas Jefferson, Mary Agnes, Samuel H.,Frances J.,Moses Ellis, and Elizabeth.

I am descended from Samuel Dudley Williamson born 1829 in Scott County KY. He is found in the 1850 census in Westport Indiana and married Nancy Hamilton April 3, 1851.  He was a blacksmith all of his life living in Decatur County and Shelby county most of his life.  He died in Shelbyville Indiana 1908.
He and Nancy had 9 children...Kathleen, Etna, Clinton, Clifton, Nettie W., Sophia, Arthur, Otto and Lee Dowden.

Lee was my grandfather, born in Milford Indiana 1873 died Muncie Indiana 1949.  He married Elizabeth B. Welsh, born Shelbyville IN 1872, died Muncie, IN. 1929.
They had 7 children...Emmett John, Dudley A., Peter Joseph, Margaret, Dorothy L., Marion Theresa, and Elizabeth Alice.

Emmett John was my father, born 1896 Shelbyville IN, died 1977 Columbia City IN. He was married to Edna Rinker born 1904, Henry County IN, died Muncie IN, 1953.

Maybe someone will recognize a name and be able to provide another link....
Especially interested in Turner Williamson from Virginia.