Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hennning Pace biography by Reed S. Pace
05-24-2004, 05:14 AM,
Hennning Pace biography by Reed S. Pace
Henning Pace
   Most of my records are from information received before microfilm and census records were closed at 1870.
   My great-great-great grandfather, William Pace, Sr. ca. (1757-1845)-born in North Carolina, moved to Tennessee, died there, had 13 children.
   My great great grandfather, Henning Pace, born in North Carolina ca 1776. Moved to Benton County, early 1800’s – maybe had a second wife- one being Martha Bradshaw- I record seven children.
   My great grandfather, William Pace, born ca 1800 in Tennessee, married Nancy or Mary (?). They moved to Arkansas early 1800’s. They had ten children, moved to Texas in time to make Hill County census 1860. This William was brother to Gideon Pace, who was the first sheriff of Benton County. Gideon later moved to Karnes County, TX. I knew one of his sons and the descendants of that son down to my generation and am still in contact with them.
   My grandfather, Henning Aulsey Pace, was born in Benton County, AR., 4-23-1842, came to Texas with his father. He and two brothers joined Parkins Texas Calvary and during the Civil War served in Arkansas and Louisiana. The last battle was known as “ The Yellow Bayou Fight.” They all returned and Grandpa married Mollie Stephens. They had eight children. He died 3-8-1916, and is buried in Knobbs Cemetery, McDade, TX. And has a Confederate headstone.
   My love for history, genealogy and finding “living kin” makes me love the State of Arkansas. I’m sure I have many kinfolks in Arkansas who have surnames that merge with the Paces. I am in contact with many. I am in contact with four people who have merged the Woods name with the Paces.
BY: Reed S. Pace
Angela A. Pace